Job description / Role
What you will do:
• Monitor and maintain Telecommunication system / Radio Communication System on various sites (Onshore/Offshore) including international link to France Headquarters and ensure the continuity of operation on 24X7 and subject call for any major incident 24X7.
• Serve as consultant to other departments on network infrastructure and telecom hardware and software issues.
• Provide Level 2/3 Telecom & Network Support to network and telecommunication infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless/Radio Communication System) to 700+ users over 6 sites in the UAE, including one offshore site and one plant in Dubai
• Manage Telecom/ network infrastructure and devices such as Structured cabling, Routers, switches, firewall, access point, ToIP system, voice gateway, wireless network, CCTV, Access Control and Datacenter as per standards.
• Participate in various Telecom equipment installations, repairs, modification and interventions as and when required throughout the company sites onshore and offshore.
• Perform periodic maintenance to ITT installed main equipment, and carries out periodic programmed operation testing of most systems (onshore & offshore sites)
• Record all modifications, repairs & changes using ITSM tool provided by the company
The purpose of the Senior Network Engineer is to:
• Maintain the company’s Telecom/network infrastructure and services to the expected standard level.
• Maintain UAE Telecommunication Infrastructure / Voice & Data Network (LAN/WAN/WIRELESS) / Radio Communication System on various sites (onshore/offshore) and to ensure the continuity of operation on 24-hour basis.
• Ensure the availability, security, operability and reliability of the telecommunications systems and their conformity to applicable rules, standards and specifications set by E&P Telecom General specification and contribute to meet defined objectives by conducting the required audits.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Professional experience in networking & Telecom (in years): 10+
• Professional certifications CCNP RS, CCNP collaboration are mandatory
• Experience in the work methods and practices in oil & gas field facilities onshore and offshore.
• Knowledge in network infrastructure, structured cabling, data centre Facilities.
• In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), IP addressing in a complex environment.
• In-depth understanding of leased circuits, ISDN, PRI, PSTN, MPLS, IP connect, ADSL, PABX, ToIP
• Experienced in Radio Communication Equipment VHF/UHF / ATEX / Radio BEACON / Handheld and base radio.
• Solid background in network administration and architecture
• Familiarity with access control models and network security
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWind, WhatsUp, PRTG)
• Sharp troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work proactively, independently, during non-business hours and over the week ends whenever required
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
Desktop & Network Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||10 May|
Lindner Middle East