Senior Officer, Operational Control
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Main priorities are to ensure adequate checks and controls, proper processes are in place, Bank's operational and other relevant statutory policies/ procedures are adhered at all times for effective and error free operations in all the units under Operations from a preventive and detective angle and guide the relevant staff accordingly.
Review and validate specific/ following Reconciliation activities carried out by respective functions under Operations on daily basis :
- Reconciliation- Specific Dept./ Accounts: ATM/ CDM/ SCDM/ TD/ Vostro/ Interface/ Asset & Liabilities accounts.
Proofing- Reports/ Accounts: Loans & TD.
- Checking Loans directly advanced in Phoenix using the specific report and validating with adequate documented audit trail.
- Checking transaction involving Deposit accounts (Dt./ Cr.) posted directly in Phoenix using the specific report and validating with respective units for audit trails & governance.
- Follow up of High value rejection transaction for rectifications and RCA/assist Manager for the follow up for resolution- permanent fix.
- Ensure requisite system access rights, for the Dept. users are given as per job description of relevant staff based on proper approval by IAM unit
- On receipt of cheque recon issues, if any, review reason for the same & analyze thoroughly to initiate appropriate action in time- updating in Phoenix.
- Maintain custody & upkeep of policies and procedures - Bank wide.
- Monitor& ensure Income leakage (potential/ actual) transactions are processed with approvals as per DOA and data is precisely maintained in excel file all the time with complete details and follow up for recovery.
- Guide the respective unit to report all the lapses observed in Incident reporting system & follow up, in line with the relevant policy & procedures.
- Coordinate with respective SSD units/ Internally(Controls), collect and validate following data for monthly Dashboard before 6th of every month by ensuring all information are up to date/ all discrepancies are challenged and clarified and applicable Op. incidents have been reported and details captured.
- Clearing- ICCS/ OCC / PDC
- ATM/ CDM/ SCDM& Cash balances and discrepancies
- Time deposit matured but not renewed.
- Month end status of applicable Control activities& Monthly Income reversal files.
- Plan & maintain records for all the tasks carried out precisely intact, in excel/ word, date wise, task wise, unit wise etc. as applicable.
- Support in handling other adhoc tasks as per Business requirements as delegated by the Manager.
- Back up to the Controls Snr. Officer in handling BAU Control tasks and Recon. validation activities handler during her/ his absence. Also for attending to urgent requirements during the absence of Manager- Controls& Governance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance discipline
- Strong Operational knowledge
- 10 Years' experience in handling various operations units in Banking
- Proven track record on commitment, dedication, honesty and integrity.
- Proficiency in English
- Planning and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.