Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for handling and addressing the regulatory notices and inquiries received from competent authorities within the requested timelines.
The role holder shall assist with the implementation of an effective regulatory compliance control framework within the organization to ensure adherence to laws, regulations and guidelines relevant to CBD's business activities.
- Day-to-day management of the regulatory notices and inquiries received from competent and law enforcement authorities as per the Bank's internal policies and procedures.
- Draft, assemble, and file documentation and submission materials to regulatory authorities within the required timelines and in conformance with appropriate regulations and guidelines.
- Assist with the annual preparation of the FATCA/ CRS submission.
- Record and track regulatory inquiries received and devise processes to monitor regulatory matters.
- Produce Management Information (MI) reports and metrics on regulatory notices and inquires received from competent authorities and summary reports on new regulations and impact analysis.
- Assist in the interpretation and evaluation of proposed, new and amended regulations to assess the impact of these regulations on the business.
- Assist with the identification of regulatory developments, requirements, and industry trends. Maintain regulatory intelligence through continuous monitoring of regulatory landscape; identify risks, mitigation, and resolution strategies.
- Assist the Quality Assurance team with the identification of adverse trends, poor controls and systemic risks as a Regulatory Compliance subject matter expert.
- Participate in all regulatory examinations and audits.
- Prepare and manage a regulatory breach log and report all regulatory breaches.
- Assist with the review of Regulatory Compliance policies and procedures as and when required.
- Assist with the implementation of Regulatory Compliance controls, ensuring consistency and integration with the Operational Risk framework.
- Assist with the internal documentation and communication of key relevant regulatory developments.
- Bachelor's Degree as a minimum from a recognized university.
- Well versed with local regulations, banking systems, concepts and banking best practices.
- At least 3+ years of experience in the banking/financial services sector.
- Good command of English and Arabic language.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing skills
- Time Management skills
- Communicating effectively.
- Thinking analytically.
- Team working
- Taking initiative
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Senior Relationship Manager, Institutional Banking (GRE's)
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|