Job description / Role
We are working on an exciting newly-created role for one of the leading Insurance Brokers in the UAE. This is a high-profile position that will work closely with a number of the Executive Directors team. The duties are currently being carried out by the Operations Director. As the company has continued to grow they are now looking for someone to be dedicated to these responsibilities on a full-time basis.
The position provides operational management and support reporting directly to the Executive Directors team. The role requires the candidate to coordinate across all verticals and offices of the company to ensure smooth adherence to policies and procedures.
The role sits within the Operations Team and focuses on multiple areas including:
Compliance & Regulatory
• IA, CB, DHA, DOH – Licensing and Compliance
• Management of completion and audit of regulatory requirements.
• Management of Regulatory reports
• Management of Insurance Broker Agreements:
• Management of Reinsurance Broker Agreements
IT & Systems
• Implementing Strategic objectives of companywide IT policies.
• Day to day IT vendor and supplier management
• ERP providers
• IT consultants – Hardware/Software
• IT Hardware
• Staff Training, onboarding/offboarding.
• Ensuring compliance of systems and processes with regulatory requirements.
• Implementing Strategic objectives of HR policies.
• Management and recording of staff Training and Competence, onboarding/offboarding.
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
• This is a both a hands on and a strategic role and broad in its coverage of the business.
• The successful candidate will need to work closely with all facets of the business and the resources already engaged in meeting the current requirements.
• The candidate need not have in-depth expertise on all the areas of responsibility listed but must have the willingness to acquire knowledge and skills quickly as well as the confidence to take on significant responsibilities with the understanding that these must be discharged with expertise, professionalism, and authority.
• Applicants need not have worked in the Insurance Industry.
• However, the experience of working in a regulated industry such as Financial Services is very important.
• The individual will be able to demonstrate a strong awareness of the importance of adhering to regulations whilst working with a Commercial Mindset.
• The successful candidate will engage with vendors, suppliers, and regulators therefore first-class communication and presentation skills are essential.
• Fluency in English is essential with additional fluency in Arabic preferred.
About the Company
Newbridge Associates is a Dubai based boutique consulting firm with a primary focus on supporting clients in the acquisition, management and retention of talent.
We believe in working in partnership with our clients with the ultimate aim of becoming an extension of their business. This approach ensures that we are effective in sourcing and presenting candidates who meet our client’s requirements on all levels.
We are experts in the financial services industry with experience of working in and recruiting for banks, asset managers, asset servicing and insurance companies. The practical experience of working in the industry ensures that we have a solid foundation of industry knowledge which enables us to truly understand our client’s requirement. The knowledge we have of the financial services industry has allowed us to extend our services to companies in the consulting and software industries who have a core focus on financial services.
With experience working in the global financial centres of Europe, Middle East and Asia we have established networks both regionally and internationally which we utilise to ensure we are accessing the most suitable talent pool for each client.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Operations Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services
Big Fish Recruitment
HR & Admin Assistant
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
HR / Operations Assistant
Customer Service Manager