Job description / Role
• Implement/Analyze the given budget and help CMs to achieve their targets
• Implement all policies and procedures from HO and Ensure compliance of cinemas.
• Implement and monitor Audit Controls.
• Oversee the training and recruitment of the staff and coordinate with training department to implement the progress being developed.
• Conduct periodical visits to the cinema sites under his/her supervision and ensure high quality of services offered by Cinema Staff, cleanliness and maintenance of on-site cinema facilities and the satisfaction level of cinema patrons.
• Meet periodically with Cinema Managers and discuss any issues and concerns they might have.
• Review the financial performance of each Cinema under his supervision and recommend means to enhance their performance.
• Propose expansion plans and advise on required renovation works for cinemas/New areas.
• Ensure all sites comply with Novo Cinemas Brand guidelines.
• Implement the company accommodation policies and ensure compliance.
• Note and approve overtime with coordination with OPD.
• Note and approve payroll from cinemas and send to HR.
• Review compensation and benefits and suggest/new adjustments with coordination with OPD.
• Implement health and safety procedures
To Maximize business turnover in admissions and box office gross by:
• Forecast the business anticipated and look to optimise the program opportunities.
• Review the business admission on a daily/hourly basis to assist in acting on the Cinema demand (extra shows, dropping shows etc.)
• Analyse business patterns to assist in suggesting best use of the auditorium (operating times, no. of seats, customer bias, occupancy)
• Reviewing the local business partnerships and assist in setting up new local marketing incentives (film and brand specific)
• Assist in delivering new business to cinema in ways of screen hire and alternative content (film and brand specific)
• Share best practise in relation to Box office operation.
• Assist in addressing training needs.
To maximize turnover in Concessions revenue by:
• Forecasting the business in order to properly ensure the correct levels of stock and staff along with F&B Department.
• Review the business to react to customer demand on a daily basis (product availability, staffing, POS)
• Analyse the productivity of the cinema and assist in creating incentives to buy/sell (both customers and staff)
• Share best practice in relation to concession operation.
• Assist in addressing training needs.
To maximize cost saving
• Review damage and wasted stock and advise on ways to improve.
• Share best practice ideas in regards to stock control.
• Review staffing levels and schedules in order to best reflect business needs and reduce unnecessary cost.
• Assist in exploring alternative cost saving exercises.
• Review the Cinema Drivers movements/costs.
• Review electricity/water costs and assist in reducing where possible.
• Review the staff accommodation costs and assist in reducing where possible.
• Review consumable costs and assist in reducing where possible.
• To assist in the business analysis and review.
• To assist in monitoring staffing behavior and operations.
• To assist in delivering training.
• To assist in recruitment.
• To attend meetings with potential clients.
• Assist/advise on Disciplinary and Grievance matters in conjunction with Operations/HR.
• Assist in investigating matters where applicable when requested by HR/OPD.
• Assist in reviewing issues.
• Fresh Eyes on the Cinema (un-official spot checks).
• Reporting policy abuse.
• Providing operational support to CMs.
• Providing business support to all Head office departments.
• Any task the OPD may require at any given time.
• Competition cinemas visits and reporting to management.
• 10 – 12 years of work experience
• Bachelor degree preferably Master’s Degree in Business Administrator relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
• With at least 5 years of experience in the Film Industry
• Demonstrated high level skills in leadership and management.
• Bilingual (English/Arabic) language ability required.
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager - High Impact Operations Improvement & Turnarounds
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent