Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with a well known institution in Abu Dhabi. Our client is looking for a Senior Payroll Accountant, reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager, will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all payments relating to the entitlements and payroll functions within the company. The job holder will need to ensure that employee compensation, benefits and deductions are accurate and are in-line with the HR policy and Administrative Committee’s resolutions. Also, you will be responsible for managing the process of reconciliation of all payroll accounts and initiates accounting action plans where necessary.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Handles the correct and timely processing of staff benefits that include salaries and monthly allowances, housing, furniture and joining allowances, car loans, education fees, annual tickets and car allowance as per the company’s rules and regulations and specific to the employees’ contract.
• Maintains and updates employee records whenever there is a change in the employment status such as promotion, transfer, salary review, annual increment, change of job title, contract type and employee data, change of marital status, bank and dependent details.
• Processes, monitors, and updates business travel and training payments (daily allowance, tickets and leave) in coordination with the concerned department and services.
• Processes and updates car loans transactions as per the employee’s requests, based on a thorough check of the required documents.
• Follow up on the car mortgage and deductions to ensure completeness.
• Maintains, controls and processes payroll information of all employees to ensure prompt and accurate payments via bank transfer for both the weekly payments and monthly pay run.
• Balances the payroll accounts through reconciliation of payroll ledger accounts and resolve all payroll discrepancies for any outstanding items.
• Initiate and take action on all related accounting entries, as necessary.
• Reviews, analyzes and verifies payroll reports and documents for accuracy; makes necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established processes.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information, provide appropriate action plans and implementing a permanent solution.
• Calculates and uploads the monthly pension contribution for National and GCC employees.
• Instructs the AP team to process the payment prior to the deadline of every month.
• Manages the process of the end of service payments, final settlement calculations and clearance for resigned, terminated and retired employees.
• Participants in the new employee’s induction programs in coordination with the HR department, to present on the new starters entitlements and benefits as per the company’s rules and regulations.
• Recommends, implements and manages continuous improvement of processes to increase efficiency for entitlements and payroll.
• Takes part in recommending, testing and implementing changes made to the Oracle system to improve systems and process workflows.
• Responsible for preparing reports such as the Monthly Payroll report; business travel; actual expenses reports and other reports as required.
• Researches employee benefits to ensure that the company is up-to-date with current practices in the UAE and recommend changes or modifications to the existing company’s policies if required.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
• A degree holder in accounting
• Have a CA or CPA certification
• Have a minimum 5 years of experience in managing payroll
• Experience in using payroll system ie Oracle system
• Have experience in processing pension contributions for Emirati and GCC nationals
• Strong excel skills
• Excellent command of English language
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Addmind Hospitality Group
The Botanic Atrium
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
A Leading Group In UAE