Job description / Role
As an experienced People Partner, you will be responsible for helping attract, develop, and support an exceptional group of people. You will be working closely with the brand/functional management team to provide: operational HR support, strategic advice, guidance, and best practice solutions. You will do so in line with Group HR policies and principles, whilst also creating bespoke initiatives to enhance the employee experience and support the achievement of business strategies and culture change.
This is a role that combines operational and strategic responsibilities, requiring a solid HR background in addition to sound commercial exposure and mindset to successfully partner with and influence all areas of the business.
- Define, develop and implement our people vision to support our ambitious business strategy
- Review the brand/function's operating model and workforce planning approaches to ensure optimal organizational structures are in place to support future focus, growth, scalability and employee satisfaction
- Work with the team to consider competitor and industry approaches and translate these insights into roadmaps that define the employee experience, reveal gaps and pain points, and identify key opportunities for business enhancements and innovation
- Continually assess our existing policies, procedures, and programs and put forward recommendations to improve efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
- Lead the on-going design and execution of brand/function specific employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of the team's skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical and leadership competencies
- Work with the Group's Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Proven experience of acting as a change agent to bring about change
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted advisor to the business
- Employee centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level
- Experience in working in fast-paced, matrixed environments
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data & analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future focussed with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts, and techniques
- University Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Psychology/ MBA and Coaching Certificates are a plus
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.