Job description / Role
About the Company
We are the largest oil producer within the ADNOC Group, accounting for over half of ADNOC's total oil production. As the country's oldest oil production company, our operations date back to 1939, when a 75-year concession was signed to explore for oil and gas in Abu Dhabi. As a global industry leader in environmental sustainability, we are the first in the world to capture carbon from the iron and steel industry. Our Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) facility at Al Reyadah has the capacity to capture 800,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) from Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) each year, for us in the Bab and Rumiatha oil fields to support Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR).
About the Job
- Conducts Petrophysical field studies to locate, estimate and predict reservoir properties using integrated analysis of Geological, Geophysical, Reservoir Engineering and other information.
- Updates existing petrophysical models with new data as it become available.
- Prepares Coring and LWD/Wireline Logging Operations program. Plans and supervises both Routine Core Analysis & Special Core Analysis programs. Integrates core analysis results into petrophysical field studies.
- Analyse the 3D reservoir models.
- Responsible for real time monitoring of logging operations, QC, interpretations and provide recommendations.
- Captures all lessons learnt and future recommendations in order to provide with pertinent data for present and future requirements of field development plan.
- Utilize open hole logs, cased hole logs, mud log data, core analysis, formation pressure and well test data to build an integrated petrophysical models to determine reservoir parameters, fluid saturations, fluid contacts, rock matrix lithological model and reserve estimation. Advises on well completion, casing depths, cementation quality and tubular accessories for anticipated surveys including corrosion in consultation with other relevant disciplines.
- Coordinates and participates in formulating petrophysical contributions to exploration, appraisal, field development, reservoir studies and surveillance.
- Review the production logging interpretation including temperature-noise log.
- Defines terms of reference, scope of work, methodology, parameters, timing and costs for contractors/consultants involved in petrophysical work. Operations / Exploration/Development Operations TCSSDM036 / Senior Petrophysicist,(UFR Studies)
- Reviews available data to develop and verify formation evaluation and reservoir characterization model and controls petrophysical data handling and processing techniques on a single well or multi key wells basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent discipline with minor or advanced courses in petrophysics, applied physics or math.
- At least 8 years of varied experience in geo-sciences, drilling, reservoir and petroleum engineering.
- Relevant professional certification
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.