Job description / Role
Helpbit.com is an online on-demand services platform powered by SOUQ.com, the largest e-commerce marketplace in the middle east. Built on the same foundation and values of SOUQ.com, we see every employee as a strategic partner in our business. We are looking for young, insatiably curious and passionate individuals to grow in success.
Are you interested in making an immediate impact on work that matters?
Are you interested in inventing technology at the cutting edge of uber-like model for consumer services?
Are you intrigued by a billion-dollar company that is financially successful but feels like a start-up?
We are seeking a Sr. PHP Developer/Systems Architect to lead and own a variety of product development initiatives. Along with other responsibilities, there are three main areas of focus:
Sustain : Development, enhancement, and support of our existing product
Create: Design, architect, and build a completely new version of product
Integrate: Develop & Enhance APIs for internal & external consumption
- Responsible for system architecture, database design and backend development
- Incorporates existing code and reusable assets in the development of new components
- Develop Integrations with API-driven third-party systems
- Collaborate regularly with Product Manager and lead/mentor others in the development team, actively engage in peer code reviews
- Identify and perform periodic system performance and security optimizations
- Responsible for delivering accurate development timeline estimates by technical team
- Serve as a point of escalation & troubleshooting for all technical related issues
- BS /or MS degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of professional development experience with LAMP Stack
- 3+ years as a Team Lead leading technical projects and resources
- Strong in software engineering, including design of microservice architecture
- Expert-level PHP programming and working knowledge of at least one popular MVC framework (Yii, Laravel, Symfony)
- Strong API design skills with solid experience in designing and building RESTful web services
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and continuous integration concept
- Solid grasp of design patterns, SOLID & Clean code principles
- Experience with application performance profiling and performance optimization at scale
- Experience working with Cache layers and queuing tools (Redis/ElasticSearch/RabbitMQ/SQS), as well as non-relational data storage (MongoDB)
- Strong experience with Amazon stack
- Experience in common third-party APIs
- Experience with Enterprise scale systems (CRM, ERP, POS) development is big advantage
- Startup mentality is a must
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.