Job description / Role
Title: Senior Pipeline Engineer
KBR is looking for a Senior Engineer - Pipeline position to be based in Abu Dhabi- UAE.
- Responsible for the FEED/EPC stage deliverables, studies, design, Installation, specifications and Materials purchase related to offshore pipelines including selection and layout of routes, field surveys, material selection, coating systems, cathodic protection and installation techniques.
- Able to develop offshore pipeline EPC Scope of Work
- Review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations and deliverables such as route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling, tie-in spool, riser design, and cathodic protection design
- Performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter
- Ensure technical compliance, accuracy, quality and execution of all aspects of offshore pipeline design at FEED and EPC / PMC level.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements.
- Review and audit activity on projects in regards to offshore pipeline
- Oversees pipeline installation, commissioning analysis and procedures
- Review vendor documentation and TBE's, identify and understand Scope of Work & Gaps; Advise on corrective measures accordingly
- Managing internal & external interfaces (Client, Inter-departmental, Engineering-Subcontractor & Vendors.
- Identification of gap/conflicts amongst various project information, specifications/drawings & recommend corrective measures to ensure design integrity.
- Must have bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Civil Engineering or equivalent with a 15+ years of relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a PMC position for international major Oil & Gas projects.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.