Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
To ensure Offshore Pipeline design integrity is not compromised while managing the execution of the project.
Carry out Front End Design engineering for Pipeline design activities, including co-ordination with various discipline groups
- Duties will include the following:
- Experience in preparation of Offshore Pipeline Design documents independently and complete the design activities within specified schedule & budget.
- Shall work under the supervision of Lead engineer for the project with effective communication with Engineers and Designers.
- Should be able to guide Engineers & Designers on technical and non-technical issues towards effective solutions.
- Capable of executing multiple tasks and delivering it efficiently within specified schedule.
- Experience in working on Subsea pipeline design activities (Mandatory Requirement) such as;
- Preparation of Offshore Pipeline Basis of Design document
- Offshore Pipeline Route selection studies
- Pipeline Coating Selection studies.
- Offshore Pipeline Wall thickness design as per DNV OS F 101 (Latest code)
- Offshore Pipeline Expansion Analysis
- On-Bottom Stability studies (As per DNV RP F 109 latest DNV Code and hands-on experience in executing DNV's STABLELINES Software).
- Offshore Pipeline FREE span analysis (As per DNV RP F 105 latest DNV Code and hands-on experience in executing DNV's FATFREE Software).
- Offshore Pipeline Cathodic protection studies (As per Latest DNV RP F 103).
- Offshore Pipeline crossing analysis using CAESAR II software
- Offshore Pipeline crossing support design.
- On-bottom roughness analysis using OFFPIPE software
- Offshore Pipeline and Riser protection studies
- Riser Flexibility stress analysis including VIV studies.
- Riser Fatigue design studies (As per Latest DNV Codes)
- Pipeline laying and Riser installation studies using OFFPIPE software
- Subsea Pipeline Upheaval and Lateral Buckling analysis (Detail Global Buckling Analysis using ABAQUS FEM software is preferred and gives an added advantage).
- Preparation of Subsea Pipeline Material and Construction specifications.
- Construction and Procurement support. Shall have experience in preparation of Material requisition, Technical bid evaluation and Purchase requisitions.
- Offshore Pipeline Material, Construction associated Cost estimation.
- Specific knowledge on Waves mechanics and Structural dynamics related to Offshore Pipeline analysis & Design is must.
- Design and Review of Offshore Pipeline drawings
- Pipeline Route drawings
- Pipeline Overall Field layout
- Pipeline Platform approach drawings
- Pipeline Alignment sheets
- Riser General arrangement drawings
- Pipeline crossing drawings
- Anode detail drawings etc
- Technical discussions with the client, project manager and other discipline leads to resolve the project issues.
- Preparation of other technical reports as required by the project.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical / Civil (Structural) discipline
- Working experience in an engineering consultancy in a multidiscipline environment
- Good understanding of relevant international codes & standards e.g. DNV, API, ASME, NACE, BS etc.
- Good communication and technical writing skills in English language
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Good Team Player
- Active contributor in developing creative solutions to optimize work delivery and an avid learner.
- Computer skills particularly in the use of DNV Softwares STABLINES & FATFREE, CEASER II software and knowledge of MS Office, Math Cad, etc.. Knowledge and hands on experience of ABAQUS will be an added advantage.
- Experience on middle east (particularly ADMA-OPCO / ZADCO/ QP) offshore projects will be of advantage.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.