Job description / Role
Senior Piping Engineer (Process Skid Packages)
Note: Must have extensive experience with Process Skid Packages!
• Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate, Resource requirement and Progress report
• Engineer shall have good interface knowledge with other disciplines especially Process, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation etc. and knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings is required.
• Evaluation / Review / Checking of Design Documents / Drawings.
• Assist in the Piping Engineering activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
• Lead, coordinate, mentor and manage discipline teams on smaller projects when needed.
• Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of piping engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
• Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
• Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
• Coordinate the development of 3D modelling activities of skid packages.
• Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
• Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
• Knowledge of Piping flexibility analysis would be an added advantage
• Review materials take-offs and bill of materials.
• Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager.
• Review and Check 2D drawings such as Equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics, Support plan and other drawings in accordance with Client specifications.
• Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
• Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
• Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
• Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
• Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
• Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
• Min 10 years relevant experience in Piping & Layout from Oil and Gas industry (Upstream & Downstream).
• Bachelor’s Degree /Post graduate degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree from recognized university.
• Experience in process skid packages in Oil and Gas industry (Upstream & Downstream).
• Good Knowledge of International codes and standards.
• Good Knowledge in process packages layout development and 3D model. ( TEG, MEG, Desalter , Separation Packages)
• Good Knowledge in piping and valve materials.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Project Engineer - Package Equipment
QA QC Engineer
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC
Project Engineer - Process Package Equipment