Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior planning/delay consultant to be based in our Dubai office.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Providing accurate claims advice and reporting to our clients
• Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
• Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Undertaking commercial and claims management services with limited supervision
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
• Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in the cost management of projects
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
• BSc in civil engineering or equivalent.
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy, and a minimum of ten years’ forensic/delay experience
• Middle East experience
• Experience using Primavera (P6), MPP and Microsoft Office
• Good knowledge of FIDIC and P6 for drafting of defence claims, rebuttals, extension of time, disruption and acceleration claims
• Excellent understanding of delay analysis methodologies, key scheduling issues such as float, concurrent delay and the cumulative effect of delays to the schedule
• Experience in legal proceedings (arbitration, adjudication etc)
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.