Job description / Role
A leading bank in UAE is looking to hire a Sr. Platform Owner – Elastic Compute. The Elastic compute platforms will be hosting majority of the mission critical workload; thus, increasing the focus of establishing a solid evolving set of products. This role will focus on the cloud management platforms, application runtimes, X86 HW, Storage and Backup products, GNU/Linux operating systems and will resume the end to end responsibility of the products ownership across the Group.
This role will be accountable for the overall platform operational stability and will lead the products engineering strategy and lifecycle. It will be also required to be up to date with the relevant product releases and continuously conduct research and development to carefully select the features that will require to be in the relevant products backlog.
The Role will also play a key role in establishing, maintaining and enforcing standards that will ensure the platforms stability and quick provisioning; allowing agile delivery for all projects.
- Establish a standard set of products that caters for different workloads.
- Continuous update of the Group IT product catalogue with the approved stack.
- Enforce a standard build and housekeeping checklists: this will simplify the environment and drive cost down.
- Sponsor and drive projects to move the non-compliant products into the standard stack.
- Build the products Strategy and Roadmap.
- Establish the product backlog that require to be addressed on quarterly basis.
- Design solutions that caters for enhancing the operational stability.
- Address Problem tickets, Risk and Audit items in the products backlog.
- Take the lead in working with the relevant stakeholders to finalize the relevant products decisions.
- Develop PDPs for the staff.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Excellent technical knowledge in VMware, KVM or OVM hypervisors
- Excellent technical knowledge in private cloud platforms such as Openstack, Cloudstack or Mesos
- Excellent technical knowledge in RHEL or Ubuntu
- Strong technical knowledge in Container Orchestration
- Excellent knowledge in Software Defined Storage products such as CEPH, GlusterFS
- Good knowledge in different X86 HW and Hyper-converged platforms
- Good knowledge in Backup software such as Veritas or Networker
- Strong knowledge in EMC Storage technologies
- Good knowledge in application runtimes (Jboss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx)
- Good knowledge in product licensing and contract management
- Strong people and leadership management skills with proven ability to lead, motivate, inspire, develop, and encourage people.
- Remarkable amount of experience in agile way of working
- Strategic Thinking with Research and Development mindset.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.