Senior Platform Owner, Treasury
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Drive the digital roadmap for Treasury systems by liaising with product owners for requirements and leading the implementation alongside Technology .
Digital Channels - Strategy to Execution
Be the Business lead for Treasury Transformation Programme, closely coordinate with program stakeholders, and report to SteerCos for decision making and issue resolution
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of product features across Treasury, Investment and ALM functions
• Develop business cases and business requirements to support new product / channel enhancements.
Prepare Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), Requests for Proposal (RFP's), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Process flows and User Stories (where applicable) for any new systems, system changes, or new products, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders;
• Simplify and automate processes in treasury;
• Understand and assess Business needs;
• Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders;
• Communicate, translate and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders.
Support Business and project teams throughout project, both during requirements gathering, planning, User Acceptance testing preparation and execution and go live;
• Review vendors with relevant stakeholders;
• Ensure the correct implementation according to agree requirements and/or user stories;
• Develop Policies and Procedures for systems and products to enable end-to-end management;
• Discover, organize and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change;
• Highlight product features and business requirements in a manner clearly understandable to the development team;
• Work with the development team to ensure they understand the specifications;
• Work with wider project and business team to document system scenarios, identify roles impacted and help develop a change management/training plan
• Conduct on-going reviews and analysis of market research and feedback surveys, and keeping abreast of Fintech industry trends, digital products landscape and regulatory development
• Define an Analytics Framework for Treasury systems including key measures of success
• Drive monthly monitoring of the agreed measures of success and identify key improvement initiatives
• 10+ years' experience proving exposure to Treasury and IT
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or maths based subject
• Treasury front through back office experience
• Product knowledge across vanilla and structured products
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.