Job description / Role
- Lead and manage the accounting and finance team including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Accounting & Controls: Posses good experience in accounting of contracting /manufacturing companies.
- Well versed in project costing and revenue recognition aspects.
- Governance, Compliance and Audit: Experience in contract reviews, developing and maintaining policies and procedures of the company.
- Reporting and Budgeting: Experience in developing business plans, projection and rolling forecasts.
- Should have good experience in Monthly/Quarterly MIS reporting and finalization of financials as per IFRS requirements.
- Treasury management: Experience in dealing with banks and arranging working capital/term facilities and should have thorough knowledge in handling trade finance activities. Should possess good skill for liaison and relationship management with banks.
- Experience in working on good integrated ERPs including project accounting and job costing modules.
- Ensure compliance to Authorization matrix different areas of business and suggest for changes depending on the group’s requirements
- Ensure authenticity/integrity of reporting information/data in line with output information generated from different ERP
- Knowledge Management: Ensuring adequate audit-trail, best practices, Policies, processes, procedures are being stored at a central repository
- Prepare presentation pack for Quarterly Board and ARC Meeting
- Handing internal and external audits with experience in relevant IFRS requirements
- Provide monthly MIS reports and analysis to Leadership team highlighting the comments requiring immediate attention.
Education and Skills:
- Professional Degree in Accounting (CA, CPA, CMA etc.)
- Should have been a CFO or on a similar position at least 5 years in a reputed company and 15-20 years of overall experience in finance and accounting.
- Should have worked in a Manufacturing-Oil & Gas related/ fabrication/ Project management company in present/ previous role at a senior position.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Candidate should be available in UAE.
About the Company
Founded in 1977, Gerab National Enterprises LLC has grown to become the Middle East’s leading bulk supplier of seamless pipes and allied components for the oil and gas, power generation, water desalination, mining, and construction industries. Gerab’s warehousing hub is in the Jebel Ali Free Zone in the United Arab Emirates. Materials stocked with Gerab include pipes, fittings, flanges, stud bolts, valves, gaskets, and other bulk equipment. The stock range includes carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex, and special alloys.
Gerab’s objective is to achieve customer satisfaction through leadership that delivers exceptional services and exceeds customer expectations and ensures sourcing and delivery of the right quality product – on-time, every time. This is achieved through a strong and reliable supplier network, extensive range of stock availability at strategic locations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, an IT system that provides visibility to take timely decisions, and above all the dedication of well-trained staff who excel in delivering excellence.
Gerab has grown to become a leading international trading firm. Its well-staffed regional and international offices are located in Saudi Arabia (Dammam), Oman (Muscat), Qatar (Doha), the UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Kuwait (Fahaheel), India (Hyderabad), Iraq (Bagdad), USA (Houston), South Korea (Seoul) and China (Suzhou). In total Gerab employs over 385 staff across all locations.
Regional Finance Controller
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)