Job description / Role
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
- The Presales Senior Specialist possesses advanced/expert level knowledge of SAP and partner software solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy, in this instance specifically focusing on HXM.
- A Presales Senior Specialist interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Presales Senior Specialist during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP solution can solve the customer's problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. During these cycles they often take on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, a Presales Senior Specialist collaborates with sales and IVE teams to plan and execute business development strategies through the use of Design Thinking tools and techniques.
- Deal Support:
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP HXM to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
- Ability to effectively present to customers "remotely" using virtual technologies (SAP Virtual Studio and Adobe Connect).
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Able to lead as a Solution Captain when deals require complex solutions and require multiple presales participates to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
- Effectively leverage support teams who are there to support presales success. (Global / Regional Solution Specialists, CoE, IVE, Solution HuBs, Deal Advisors, Solution Experience, Product Management).
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Lead & support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
- Develop close relationships with sales teams in order to promote effective sales methodologies
- Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed. Participate in new product release input and testing and training of peers.
- Serve as a champion for or participate as a leader in Solution Hubs and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
- 5+ years of presales experience
- 3 -5 years of HR and HR solutions specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 5-7 successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
- Business level local language: expert
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
The key to SAP's success? Our people.
We grow. We lead. We innovate - together! We believe that the difference between success and failure is a great team. As colleagues, we support, challenge, and inspire one another every day. We're results-driven and ready to go the extra mile for our customers. We all work from different places dealing with different challenges and opportunities. But our goal is mutual. We build breakthroughs, together.
Driven by innovation? It's in our DNA.
At SAP, innovation is more than just developing top-notch software - it's creating technologies that open up new possibilities. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. We know this doesn't happen by accident, so we provide a working environment that promotes free thinking, bold ideas, and collaboration. Of course, having the resources and expertise of a major global organization helps too.
Got ambitious goals? Achieve them - at SAP.
Stay relevant, agile, successful. SAP's robust portfolio of learning and development offerings helps you unlock your potential, stay ahead of technology and accelerates your career. At SAP, we want to make sure our employees are happy, healthy, fulfilled, challenged - and working towards their individual career goals.
There's more to it than coding.
Learn, innovate, and get rewarded. Be your best in a flexible and collaborative environment. The boldness it took to start our company is exactly what we need to keep growing it. That's why we introduced the Hasso Plattner Founders' Award - the highest employee recognition at SAP. It's awarded annually by the CEO to an individual or team whose extraordinary achievement best delivers on SAP's vision and strategy.
Driven by innovation.
SAP has continuously evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end enterprise application software, database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. Our customers are solving the world's hardest problems. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. Our vision of the future of enterprise IT is simple - software must be hyper-personalized, modular in nature, and support outcome-based business models.
Not all heroes wear capes.
The key to SAP's success? Our people. They are innovators, leaders, and all around great human beings. They come from many different countries, speak many different languages - and bring their own unique experiences to the table.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.