Job description / Role
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Position Summary: This position will be responsible to:
• Lead one/more projects, assist the Process Engineering Manager in managing the team and act on his behalf during the absence of the Manager.
• Fully proficient at providing process engineering of production and gas treating equipment design during all phases from proposal to operation of the equipment.
• Central responsibility is review and control of process P&ID’s, equipment functionality and application to provide a cost effective design for manufacturing that meets the customer's requirements. These designs include natural gas and liquids production equipment and related equipment and facilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (may include, but are not limited to)
• Provide technical guidance to the process engineers
• Develop man-hour estimates, review with engineering management for approval and submission to the project.
• Initiate the development and approve project specific work methods, standards and specifications to ensure quality control is maintained.
• Ensure a safe, efficient plant design is developed to comply with agreed project standards.
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge to ensure appropriate input into designs and most cost effective design techniques are utilized.
• Liaise with other discipline to facilitate effective & timely completion of the projects
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Tools:
• Shall be fluent in English (written & conversational)
• Conversant with relevant process design/simulation tools (e.g Hysys, Promax, Flarenet, HTRI)
• Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
• Chemical Engineering Degree
• Minimum of 13-15 years of engineering experience
• Minimum 5 years should be in similar Position in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Knowledge of process modeling and simulation software such as with HYSYS, Promax, Flarenet, HTRI, etc.
• Knowledge of design, simulation and services related to plant systems, specification of equipment and piping, development of Process Flow Diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Experience in creation of material selection charts, process safety flow schemes, process design bases, technical design instructions and discipline work practices.
• Experience in conceptual design studies, feed and detailed engineering of production equipment and facilities including: Oil & Gas Separators, Oil & Gas Dehydration, Gas Sweetening, Gas Dew pointing & Refrigeration Cryogenic plants and Produced Water Systems
• Experience in HAZID/HAZOP meetings, Process Audits, Safety Audits and Environmental Audits.
• Display ability to balance technical / HSE requirements against implementation costs.
• Display an ability to provide technical support for proposal works and come up with man-hours estimation in addition to raising technical queries to accurately define the project scope of work.
• Provide Engineering support to operations and commissioning disciplines.
• Experience in operating and commissioning process units.
• Experience in EPC and Package environment.
About the Company
Matchtech is a leading global engineering recruitment specialist, with over 30 years' experience in successfully matching job-seekers with hiring employers within the engineering industry. Our 300-strong team of dedicated recruitment consultants provide recruitment services across core engineering sectors including, aerospace, automotive, energy, infrastructure and maritime. We also offer specialist recruitment within the growing field of engineering technology.
We are passionate about quality and work to the most rigorous standards in the recruitment industry. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our customers by providing the best delivery and the highest quality service possible.
Manager - Process Engineering (Chemical Process Packages)
|Abu Dhabi||19 Feb|
Procurement Engineer - Mechanical/Electrical
Schindler Pars International Limited