Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Technical supervision of project designated process designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duty.
- Preparation /checking of Specifications, data sheets.
- Performance of bid evaluation and vendor document review and approval
- Technical writing activities, in particular, production of technical reports and operating manuals.
- Manage studies and process-orientated projects as assigned.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Manage process design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly process discipline meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Management, technical execution and completion of engineering assigned tasks in a specific process discipline area
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in term of cost, construction simplicity, operability and maintainability, HSSE.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the process discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Specialized expertise of the fundamental requirements of the process discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Specialized expertise of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of process design/engineering with wide experience in multi-discipline areas
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficient in process simulation packages such as HYSYS, Flarenet, PipeSys.
- Good experience of carrying out dynamic simulations.
- Proficiency in PFD / P & ID development. - Proficiency in equipment sizing and hydraulic calculations.
- Experienced in Datasheet preparation.
- Specialized knowledge of Shell DEP's, API Standards (API-520, API-521, API-14C, API-14E) and statutory and regulatory requirements and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to process design for oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical facilities.
- Offshore experience is an advantage
Education, Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
Minimum 12 years of process design in onshore/offshore oil & gas industry in a brownfield environment with focus on rotating equipments.
- FEED and detailed engineering experience essential. - Recent experience in an engineering consultancy in a multi-discipline environment is essential.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.