Job description / Role
Senior Process Engineer (LNG Terminal Design / Operations)
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for executing in-house engineering studies, develop process concepts, conducting Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering activities for modifications to Onshore/Offshore
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
- Conduct in-house studies: Establish the study basis, Identify and evaluate feasible options and prepare study reporting as defined in the Engineering Work Request (EWR) system.
- Conduct relevant Process Engineering activities such as, but not limited to, process simulations, sizing calculations, preparation of conceptual Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) and specification of Long Lead Items.
- Prepare any other required Process Engineering deliverable required for execution of in-house projects.
- Act as Client representative at design and safety reviews including Hazard Identification Studies (‘HAZID’), Hazard And Operability Study (‘HAZOP’) and Safety Integrity Level (‘SIL’).
- Occasional site visits to offshore and onshore facilities may be required for discussions and scope definition.
- Review process deliverables prepared by Engineering Contactors for projects executed externally and be responsible for any communication with contractor’s process engineer to ensure the quality of external deliverable is adequate.
- Provide technical support to Operations department; Arrange vendor meetings for validation/selection of technologies.
- Assist with development and training of graduate engineers.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
- Must be degree qualified in Chemical Engineering.
- Should have 10+ years process/chemical engineering experience in oil and gas environment.
- Should have at least 5 years’ experience in onshore gas processing and gas distribution facilities; preferably with experience in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) offloading terminal design/operations.
- Should have at least 5 years’ experience in offshore field development and operation of late-life production facilities.
- Should have experience of all project design phases from feasibility studies, conceptual design, FEED and detailed design.
- Should have experience in brownfield modifications.
- Experience with process simulation software such as HYSYS, PIPESIM, Flarenet; should have capability of using in-house MS Excel sheets.
- Must have working knowledge and experience of onshore and offshore oil and gas industry codes, specifications and practices.
- Experience in any of the following technical areas is desirable:
- Gas dew-pointing and gas drying technologies
- Two-phase and three-phase separation
- Gas compression and rotating equipment
- Heat Exchanger equipment
- Pipeline/riser flow assurance
- Produced water management
- Process control
- Enhanced oil recovery techniques
- Flare system modeling
- Materials and corrosion management
- Chemicals Management
- Should be pragmatic, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Expected to take ownership of issues and follow them through to completion.
- Be able to work with several studies/tasks at same time and prioritise workload.
- Confident to work in an environment with very tight schedules and potential changes to study basis.
- Communicate in fluent English and possess good presentation skills.
- Be able to write technical reports in a structured way.
- Willingness to interact directly with people.
- Enjoy working as part of a multi-cultural team.
- Ability to work in an organised and structured fashion, and within time constraints.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Senior Process Engineer (Gas Processing Facilities / Package Skids)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Nov|
Project Engineer - Process Package Equipment
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||2 Nov|
Senior Principal Process Engineer