Job description / Role
• Ensures safe and efficient operation of the units, perform all regular and routine operations and emergency operations that arises from time to time. Taking care of the machinery/equipment assigned to him during the shift and collects field readings and maintains log sheets.
• Takes up area of work as assigned to him at the beginning of the shift and Follows instructions of the Refinery Shift Superintendent (RSS) or work instructions as set out.
• Conducts periodical field tests and report to control room /RSS and initiates corrective action as advised. Keeps Shift Superintendent I control room apprised of unit conditions and jobs in progress and any irregularities observed.
• Collects field readings and maintaining log sheets/book.
• Keeps record of process changes and maintains log sheets/book in a manner that is easily retrievable and can be analyzed at any time.
• Liaises, interacts, gives direction and coordinates field activities with control room/maintenance/ contractors. When assuming charge at panel in control room he liaises and communicates with all external agencies like Dugas, Dusup, JAFZA,
• Surveyors and ship masters etc.
• Issues cold work permit and prepares hot work permit, performs gas testing intermittently or continuously as required and prepares the job for the maintenance work. Prepares the area and equipment / lines for jobs like welding /cutting and other hot jobs in the unit area as required by Engineering and maintenance team.
• Checks up seals/lubrication for pumps and compressors, burner adjustments, cleaning and changeover, monitoring of exchangers/air coolers and other equipment.
• Effects lining up, start up and shutting down of the units safely and efficiently.
• Maintains good housekeeping in his area of control.
• Adjustment of dosing rates to ensure proper quality with safety.
• Performs duties on the field or on the panel as required.
• Performs all operations with full regard to the quality and safety parameters laid down, thereby maintaining safe working environment at all times and following safe work practices.
• For critical jobs assumes the role of fire watch.
• Takes steps, as necessary, to safeguard men I material I equipment from all possible harm I danger.
• Degree in chemical/Mechanical Engineering.
• Alternatively a diploma in Engineering or degree in relevant science with additional experience from a recognized and reputed university.
• Must be computer literate.
Years of relevant experience
• Min. of 7 years’ experience in the operations of a petroleum refinery or a petrochemical industry for engineer and minimum 10 years for others.
• Must be familiar with distributed digital control.
• Must also know how handle any plant emergency with minimal or no supervision.
• Must have basic knowledge and understanding of the various process involved in the units under his area.
• Must know the operating principles and basic details of mechanical equipment like compressors, blowers, pumps, turbines, fired heaters etc. and be able to operate these equipment
• Must know basic principles and functions of electronic and pneumatic control instruments.
About the Company
Emirates National Oil Company Group (ENOC) is a leading integrated global oil and gas player operating across the energy sector value chain. A wholly owned company of the Government of Dubai, ENOC Group offers a diverse portfolio of assets operating across five business segments: Supply, Trading and Processing, Terminals, Marketing, Retail and Exploration and Production. Servicing thousands of customers across 60 markets, the Group employs a workforce of over 9,000 employees and is deploying its world-class customer service, latest innovations and technologies and best practices towards the UAE’s social and economic development.
Plant Shift Operator
|Saudi Arabia||1 Jun|
|Saudi Arabia||1 Jun|
Control Room Operator (Power and Water)
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||12 May|
Field Operator - Pressure Pumping
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|