Job description / Role
Title: Senior Process Safety Engineer
Candidate should have in-depth experience in following process safety activities:
- Design of fire water system including fire water demand, P&IDs, layouts, data sheets, etc.
- Preparation of fireproofing schedule and diagrams.
- Preparation of fire & gas detection layouts and cause & effect charts
- Analysis of fire water network in Pipenet
- Preparation of Hazardous area classification schedule
- Preparation of Escape route/safety sign layouts
- Safety studies like HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA, Consequence modeling, etc.
- Working knowledge of various International codes and standards including NFPA
- Supervision of small team of process safety engineers.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates process safety work for a global business unit delivering FEED and EPC projects in Oil and Gas Industry. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include solving complex risk and safety design issues. Ability to support multiple projects as a subject matter expert.
- Review and provide design recommendations for new projects and proposed facility modifications to ensure conformance with process safety and loss prevention codes, standards and procedures
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
BE with 17+ years' relevant experience in FEED and Detailed Engineering of Refineries, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, Utilities & Offsite.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.