Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Western contractor with offices across the APAC region. They are looking to recruit an experience Senior Procurement Engineer for their head office in Abu Dhabi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with construction and technical departments regarding the specifications of materials for permanent works.
- Verify account cost codes for materials and services with accounts and cost control departments.
- Identify reliable suppliers and initiate procurement actions.
- Send enquiries to suppliers and follow up for quotations.
- Prepare cost comparison sheets based on the technical and commercial offers received from suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items to ensure that all items are delivered to store on time.
- Any other duty assigned by Procurement Manager.
- Take reasonable care of the health, safety and environment of everyone including self.
- Cooperate with the company to enable compliance with the relevant statutory provisions.
- Ensure there is no interference or misuse (intentionally or recklessly) of anything provided for the health, safety and environment or welfare under the relevant statutory provisions.
- If visiting construction sites, shall wear the issued Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report near misses, any accidents / incidents, damage to property or equipment to immediate supervisor, irrespective of whether persons are injured or not.
- Provide suggestions to improve Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental conditions to supervisor and the HSE department manager.
Salary is negotiable for the correct candidate.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Total 7+ years' experience (5 years in UAE) in a technical position
- Very strong technical understanding and knowledge to evaluate the subcontract offers technically
- Basic commercial understanding (payment terms and insurances)
- Ability to handle the procurement of subcontract packages such as Compiling RFQ's (and its interfaces), Technical Review of offers and Negotiation.
- Good English Command
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Officer / Procurement Specialist
A Leading Oil & Gas Company In UAE
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jun|
Senior Procurement Engineer
Pivot Engineering & General Contracting Company
|Abu Dhabi||19 Aug|
Naran General Trading
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||2 Sep|
Procurement - International Buyer
RTC-1 Employment Services