Job description / Role
• Review project specifications, bill of quantities, drawings and other contract documents.
• Prepare the list of subcontracting packages and list of materials as per contract documents.
• Prepare procurement log as per the contract document in line with the project requirement and baseline program.
• List of long lead items and urgent items.
• Select the qualified bidders to float Enquiry to them.
• Follow for quotations and receive quotations as per project specifications.
• Prepare the Techno commercial comparison sheet and negotiate the prices and commercial terms with subcontractor and suppliers to the best offer.
• Suggest alternative/value engineering.
• Issue comparison sheet with RFA to Bid Award Committee and CEO's approval through Procurement Manager.
• Issue LOI to the selected supplier / subcontractor.
• Obtain subcontractor Pre-qualification and forward it for Consultant approval through Technical Office Department.
• Follow-up with Technical office and Project Manager to receive the consultant approval on the proposed material and subcontractor.
• Ensure Delivery schedules from suppliers/subcontractors are in line with Project schedule.
• Source the market for new subcontractors, suppliers, technology.
• Highlight the over budgeted items and the non-budgeted items for Procurement Manager, Management and Cost Control Department.
• Review the subcontractor scope of work, commercial terms and find out contradiction between Subcontractors packages and Main Contractor scope.
• Support technical office to receive the material submittals as per agreed Proposal.
• Develop Procurement policies & procedure.
• Prepare Benchmarks for Mechanical items.
• B.Sc. / B.E. Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 10-15 years experience as a Senior Procurement Engineer in building construction with at least 5 years' experience in UAE.
• Must possess excellent negotiation & persuasion skills.
• Pragmatic problem skills is a must.
About the Company
For more than 40 years, Pivot Engineering and General Contracting has helped clients across the UAE and the region transform ideas on paper into tangible assets of real value.
While our clients appreciate the superior quality of each and every project that we complete, the final handover is only part of the value we deliver. Reliability, certainty and excellence form the foundation of every Pivot project.
Senior Procurement Engineer
Pivot Engineering & General Contracting Company
|Abu Dhabi||19 Aug|
Search Heads Middle East
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||2 Sep|
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Construction