Job description / Role
Facilitating the procurement operations in the Procurement Section and ensuring that it works in line with the Section's strategy, and ensuring that the materials needed by Section are provided.
Main responsibilities: Main responsibilities: Job role:
• Update Vendor Database with vendor pre-qualification, background checks, on-boarding, status and currency of registration (trade and commercial licences etc.).
• Follow all relevant department policies, processes, procedures, and instructions so that the work is carried out in an organized way.
• Report on a periodically to Sourcing Unit Head on operational activities, challenges, hurdles and methods of resolution or mitigation etc. as required to keep the Line Manager informed and updated about the unit’s activities.
• Receiving and sorting the committee’s procurement needs, obtaining quotations and comparing them.
• Establishing a database of suppliers and purchases periodically and preparing a periodic report on it.
• Carrying out studies and questionnaires related to collecting information on the needs of the committee to ensure getting the best types, the best quality, and the lowest price. This includes the implementation of negotiation and purchase processes in an effective manner in terms of price, quality, terms of service and payment.
• Preparing the plans, programs and budget for the procurement department in the committee in line with the committee's plan and its main objectives.
• Organizing the procedures for contracting with suppliers in a manner that guarantees the selection of the best and in a manner that does not conflict with the regulations and laws regarding procurement.
• Executing the procurement process according to best practices and in line with the committee’s laws and procedures regulating, this include supervising the process of analyzing the offers submitted by suppliers and the process of examining and receiving materials and ensuring that they are in accordance with the required specifications is included in the scope of that.
• Cooperate with the other departments to ensure clarity of the requirements and needs raised from them in the scope of procurement and services, receive their requests and work to implement them at appropriate times, policies and regulations regarding communication with and assistance to these departments.
• Carrying out any other tasks assigned to by the Head Section or the Department Director.
AED 34,400 to 34,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The field of knowledge and perusal:
• The ability to develop procedures and forms to ensure that the provided services is always improved.
• Supervision skills and budget preparation
• Communication skills
• Familiarity with financial management
• Adherence to the Committee's values and standards
Required academic qualifications:
• Bachelor or higher diploma degree in the same field or related field
About the Company
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi regulates, develops and promotes the emirate of Abu Dhabi as an extraordinary global destination, rich in cultural authenticity, diverse natural offerings, world-class hospitality and unparalleled leisure and entertainment attractions for every type of traveller.
Fully aligned with the core tenets of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and the Abu Dhabi Plan, DCT Abu Dhabi contributes to the nation’s economic diversification, working closely with stakeholders and partners to market Abu Dhabi both locally and internationally.
In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, we are able to nurture and cultivate a community that recognises, respects and preserves local heritage and values, attract national and international investment in our key tourism segments, increase visitation metrics to the emirate and also stimulate growth by building an appealing yet distinctive tourism and cultural destination.
As the organisation tasked with tourism regulation as well as cultural and heritage preservation, our goals are to implement a holistic tourism strategy that benefits visitors and residents alike.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Procurement Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||16 Dec|
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
Head of Procurement
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices)
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||30 Nov|
Manager (Procurement Practice) - Boutique Consulting Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent