Job description / Role
Our client, a semi government entity, is currently looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist to be base din Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The incumbent performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals and finds more profitable suppliers. Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage and coordinate the company’s Procurement and Contracting functions and resources and ensure that the below functions are executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Delegate and monitor the company’s Procurement and Contracting functions, goals, objectives, and programs.
- Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Projects Procurement and Contracting functions for the senior management.
- Review and evaluate the work of staff and outsourced services under his / her supervision, and ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively and that it complies with the Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate the Budgeting & Reporting and ensure that the activity is executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Procurement and Contracting functions for the PM.
- Advise the PM on the progress of all work under his / her control.
- Keep control of the scope / cost tracking sheets
- Lead the site procurement / purchasing function and focus on continuous improvement in regards to production planning, and inventory control. This includes but is not limited to: the integration of services between related departments, enhancing system controls, and cost reductions for supplied materials.
- Plans and implements activities related to timely, efficiency, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to attain sustainability, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
- Aggressively identifies and investigates pragmatic opportunities in order to achieve company driven goals and objectives.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Negotiate strategic supplier agreements, both domestic and international. ( Shipping & Logistics)
- Performs all duties in compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Developing relationships with distributors.
- Working to create and promote a safe working environment.
- Involved in selling off excess, damaged inventory and stock.
- Coordination of the provision of management information in relation to procurement activity including the achievement of efficiency and value for money savings
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering, MBA is preferred
- A CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certified
- 5 years of relevant experience of which 2 years in a leading role
- Good knowledge in cost and price analysis
- Experience in contract management, tendering process and supply chain
- Strong fluency in English and knowledge in Arabic is an advantage
- Willing to work / flexible in working for a long period of time
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.