Job description / Role
Senior Procurement Supervisor
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for a Senior Procurement Supervisor to join the team at MELABS. The purpose of this position is to deliver effective procurement, inventory management and communications services for the MELABS Contract.
- Leadership and management of a team of Procurement and Communications personnel.
- The development, implementation & management of the contract procurement system, ensuring full compliance with the Serco Middle East procurement SOP and the Client's procurement manual
- Meeting the Key Performance Indicators for all Procurement services of the contract
- Submission of all Contract Management Reports specific to procurement services in accordance with specified/agreed timeframes
- Ensure alignment between Serco Middle East, and Australian Defence Force (ADF) procurement processes and procedures.
- Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements
- Identification of initiatives to improve procurement processes and procedures
- Maintain and improve the B2B online procurement system to ensure all catalogue items are up to date
- Maintain and update list of approved/preferred suppliers (vendor database)
- Research and review price discrepancies and resolve accounting issues
- Conduct bi-annual supplier price evaluations in accordance with the contractual requirements
- Ensure Request for Quotation's for suppliers are performed, documented and accurate
- Administrate Request for Quotation process including compilation of packages, receipt, tracking of documents, analysis of responses and set-up of supplier files.
- Supervise and oversee the Communications & Catalogue Supervisor tasks to ensure all tasks are completed in timely manner
- Carry out Communications tasks during absence of the Communications & Catalogue Supervisor
- Supervise and oversee the warehouse operations during absence of the Warehouse Supervisor
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above
- To exercise personal duty of care for own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skill is required;
- Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in high volume procurement activities including contract administration and contract writing.
- Experience at the procurement supervisory level in defence related service delivery contracts highly preferred.
- Knowledge with ERP (enterprise resource planning) and PC literacy skills are essential;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.