Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Product Manager role is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rollout of products. This is a pivotal role and requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and be able to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between Sales channels marketing teams and key customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire Product lifecycle from strategic planning and feature roll out. Identify, conceptualise and develop new products and any amendments/improvements to existing products.
- Analyse data science and market trends and identify solutions to support product development
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans. Ensuring a timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Work collaboratively with partners assisting and troubleshooting to ensure that products are competitive and marketable
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, on product features and acting as a main point of contact for any enquiries
- Liaise the Sales / Distribution team offering support and sharing knowledge on product in order to maximise sales
- Collaborate with the developers and Product Managers and other colleagues sharing knowledge on product developments and issues, etc. to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team
- Collaborate with the Developers to agree priorities and ensure product developments/amendments are prioritised correctly and as per the business needs
- Identify any issues within current working practices that might impact product delivery
- Liaise with colleagues effectively to resolve any faults with product delivery
- Identify barriers that potentially impact product availability and work efficiently to resolve issues and ensure products remain competitive and effective
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of prior experience working in a PM role
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to data
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong partner relationships
- Target driven and have good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative product developments
- Extensive experience with design and product testing
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Product Manager (Captain)
Senior Manager - Marketing & Communications
Senior Brand Manager - Luxury Beauty
Business Development Executive