Job description / Role
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar. PayFort team also manages the complete payments requirement for Amazon in the MENA region.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager with people management experience to coordinate and lead efforts across multiple technology and program teams that support Amazon’s Payment program in the MENA region. You will provide the product leadership to the team and make sure we build the right solutions to enable our customers for a superior payment experience, affordability, digitize cash and drive the success of Amazon. This is a role that largely will lead through influence in the technical space but will need to pivot between business, operations, legal and technology teams. We have very strong relationships with our stakeholder teams, and we want to maintain this while we continue to scale and grow.
We also expect the leader to think beyond Amazon and externalize the products and features that you develop for Amazon to thousands of external merchants that PayFort supports in the region.
· Product strategy and direction: Continually assess the needs of customers / merchants, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy in MENA region of product ownership.
· Define both long term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results.
· You will also contribute to the overall business and marketing strategy in your area of focus.
· Roadmap Planning: Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch.
· Provide value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI and market-driven alignment.
· Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in consistent cadence of releases.
· Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching major product releases.
· Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus.
· You will also lead and coordinate the feature / product launch across all of MENA region.
· Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements, define the competitive arena, and establish the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals.
· Produce high quality requirements documents and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
· Write user stories to communicate customer needs in an agile development environment. Work closely with Legal and Tax on regulations and compliance requirements to eliminate merchant adoption bottlenecks
· Product Roll-out: Work with teams to create and execute go-to-market plans for new features.
· Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities.
· Partner closely with the Sales and Business Development leader to drive adoption and ensure processes that are easy and intuitive.
· Customer / Merchant Success: Drive frictionless payments to achieve optimum conversion. Drive Risk based authentication to minimize leakages and optimize CX ex. Drive Affordability initiatives and create avenues to digitize cash.
· Drive product adoptions for payment features developed for Amazon with external merchants to achieve and grow the Top line for PayFort.
· 6+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience delivering software or online products to market.
· People management with experience in managing high and low performance.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
· Extensive experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services in ecommerce, retail, logistics, supply chain, internet products or related fields.
· Experience defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
· Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.
· Must have bias for action and strong work ethic.
· Proven ability to deliver first class customer experiences with a deep understanding of UX best practices.
· MBA or advanced degree preferred.
· Experience in managing improvements in complex software tools UX through iterative design and research.
· Launched ecommerce products on mobile devices
· Experience with online and physical retail transactions
· An understanding of financial transaction processing, networks and systems (Credit Card, ACH, etc.)
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.