Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
About The Marketplace Team
The Marketplace team is responsible for building products, capabilities and algorithms that drive utilization and efficiency of the Careem platform. The team is primarily focusing on areas around dispatching, peak and dynamic pricing, and ETA
The objective of this team is to create reliable experiences for our customers and captains while maximizing the potential of our platform with a view to bringing mass offerings to our markets. We build advanced systems and algorithms that enable us to make intelligent real-time decisions based on demand and supply predictions, AI and Machine Learning.
We are constantly addressing the challenges posed by our massive scale and exponential growth. Join the Marketplace if you want to work with brilliant colleagues and solve complex problems to improve the life of millions.
About The Role
The role of the Senior Product Manager - Marketplace, Simulation is to drive the conceptualisation, development and roll-out of scalable simulation capabilities that reflect the real dynamics and behaviors of how customers and captains interact on the Careem platform. The products are used to enable teams to run experiments and test hypotheses in an offline environment to bring in-depth insight and enable colleagues to make data-driven decisions. You will work closely with engineers, data scientist and key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and break down challenging and complex problems and collaborate with the team to run experiments and implement innovative solutions that drive business impact. This role requires a strong technical understanding and excellent analytical skills combined with a commercial understanding of how the Simulation products can deliver value to the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to feature roll out. Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as iterate on existing products.
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans while ensuring timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Understand the need of our markets and keep pace with industry trends to prioritize and deliver solutions
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to the current working practices to ensure quality and speed of product delivery
- Mature processes and be part of defining the working practices within the Marketplace.
- Mentor and lead other Product Managers by guiding in the professional development and personal growth
- Define and track team KPIs / targets: report to relevant stakeholders and recommend actions
- Define hypotheses, implement end-to-end experiments and create analyses resulting in data-driven conclusions and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years of prior product management experience
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams, delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Leadership and management experience: Experience of managing other Product Managers
- Experience in formulating a product vision and owning the results and communication with leadership and multiple different stakeholders
- Passion for building world-class products and services
- Ability to get hands-on and catalyze decision making in a complex operational environment
- Eagerness to learn and innovate
- Strong technical skills and ability to drive technical discussions
- Hacking skills to identify quick wins and minimize time to market
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High commercial awareness and ability to demonstrate competence in analysing and interpreting data
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning is highly desirable
- Educated to BS / MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join one of the fast-growing companies in the region and shape its direction
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.