Job description / Role
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as financial focal point for assigned project, forging close working relationship with Project Manager.
• Compile monthly and quarterly management reports of project specific financials in the specified format.
• Prepare monthly rolling forecasts with variance analysis against actuals.
• Manage cost control process including closely monitoring all costs incurred against work budget and ensuring data integrity between Oracle ERP and project reporting.
• Provide Project Manager with ad-hoc project-related financial analysis to assist decision making and add support for claims/variations.
• Participate in cash management initiatives with follow up of outstanding invoices as well as identifying and prioritizing critical vendor payments in order to effectively manage cash outflows and minimizing use of petty cash.
• Ensuring timely revenue recognition and adherence to IFRS standards.
• Supervising assigned project accountants, ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met.
Special Additional Duties
• Participate in corporate accounting/administrative projects as required.
• Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company’s Integrated Management System.
• Engage with internal and external auditors on project matters.
Principal Working Relationships
• The Senior Project Controller is required to work closely with Operations Directors, Project Managers, Project Accountants, the Finance Department and the Business Control Manager.
• Bachelor Degree.
• Recognized qualification in accounting or cost control (not essential).
Skills/experience required to do the job:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position in Civil Engineering / EPC companies, marine projects a bonus.
• Fluent in the English Language, both written and spoken.
• UAE Driving License.
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.
National Marine Dredging Company
INC System Integrations
Irwin & Dow
Senior Accountant - Projects Accounting
Al Ghurair Properties