Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently inviting expressions of interest for a Senior Project Engineer role to be based in Abu Dhabi.
Please be advised that at this stage this position is subject to project award.
Supports delivery of engineering excellence in their assigned project(s) through tactical leadership of an assigned project engineering team from a commercially astute position, utilising good coordination and sound technical skills. Manages and drives completion of the engineering deliverables for an assigned project to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards, focused on both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers, designers and others from multiple engineering disciplines or departments, checks and issues engineering deliverables
- Schedule oversight, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities relating to the project
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work, to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers
- Alerts Project Manager in the event of potential delays or change; supports implementation of approved changes
- Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
- Coordinates, guides and mentors other Project Engineers in the management of work scope
- Manages interfaces between engineering disciplines to ensure the successful delivery of assigned work.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the Project Execution Plan, Discipline Design Instruction and Contract requisitions; prepares project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work
- Able to manage and coordinate engineering multidiscipline inputs and deliverables across multiple execution centres including workshare / high value engineering centres
HSE, Quality and Assurance
- Understands and works to quality system; monitors and acts on deficiencies
- Checks Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues are identified and addressed in design, manufacture, construction, commissioning and operations
- Develops Project Specific Procedures
- Ensures that the Engineering disciplines comply strictly with the contract and scope of work in completing project activities
- Responsible for assuring quality of engineering deliverables before issue to customer
- Chairs technical meetings with Third Parties and manages particular technical issues through to completion
Development and management of schedule
- Plans individual work activities and manages time; liaises with disciplines to ensure timely receipt of comments
- Inputs to work plan, sets targets and holds regular reviews
- Expedite Engineers to deliver to schedule, fully understand reasons for delay and drive development of recovery plans
- Resolves most delays or changes and escalates only most serious issues
- Drives and participates in Design Verification; drives others to complete; Understands risk and mitigation requirements
- Uses knowledge of conditions of contract to support decisions on schedules, key milestones and change management
- Understands customer needs and able to deliver customer satisfaction; actively monitors and supports initiative
- Quantifies effects of change project wide; develops mitigation plans against change and drives change management
- Supervises work of technical professionals in the delivery of engineering deliverables including checking work
- Coordinates and manages inputs from large interdisciplinary team (typically 50+).
- Provides communication to project team; good at public speaking; strong in leading people to participate and contribute.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience
- Fully understands technical work scopes including commercial aspects and has working knowledge of specifications and standards
- Completely familiar with project Contractual and Commercial requirements and able to communicate these to less experienced project engineers
- Fully conversant with project scopes and work carried out by all engineering disciplines and various interface and inter discipline coordination requirements among the various disciplines including procurement and construction, and able to communicate those to less experienced project engineers
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and is able to deliver to internal customers, including other Engineering disciplines
- Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and govern Engineering Management and Project Engineering deliverables
- Understands the importance of Project Engineering deliverables documents and the need for accuracy and timely issue
- Commercially astute and able to implement Change control
- Has a good knowledge of standards, procedures and work practices; follows project execution flow chart; good skills in project and technical execution
- Able to lead Project Engineering team; able to manage between Engineering Discipline Groups
- Good communicator in leading work effort; motivates team; positive and active in solutions and proactive attitude
- Competent at managing technical matters and interfaces with Third Parties.
- Has focus on customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers. Actively seeks feedback
- Able to drive project area to completion, taking ownership for all that occurs within it
- Actively looks to develop skills; monitors work done by others and provides positive feedback to improve
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Good communicator verbally and in written form
- Strong planning, organising and execution skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Thinks strategically, able to plan and lead change
- Builds collaboration and influences others to collaborate
- Empowers people, leads by example, recognises and rewards good performance
- Able to make decisions, lead execution, take initiative and seek out improvements
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.