Job description / Role
• Undertake review of tender documents (e.g. pumping tests, site investigations, specifications) to assist in system design
• On contract award prepare Method and Task Statements, Risk Assessments, Program, Schedules and Safe Systems of Work and Progress Reports
• Assist in the specification and procurement of the equipment required to undertake contracts
• Directly supervise site activities (manhole plugging, pipe laying, pump installation, electrical connection and pumping or flushing system commissioning) ensuring works are carried out safely and according to specification
• Ensure works are carried out to the contract program
• Be thorough and rigorous in checking information and take appropriate action to rectify faults and be proactive in data management.
• Prepare monthly valuations and organise variation claim documents
• Maintain Site Documentation
• Maintain and Improve Client Relationships
• Coordinate with Designs Team on design changes based on actual ground condition or client program
• Collection of monthly payment certificate from Clients
• BS Degree (Engineering, Geotechnical / Geology, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the supervision of dewatering or over pumping activities
• Knowledge in dewatering or sewage-stormwater bypass systems is an advantage
• Knowledge of Pump fundamentals, operations, components, and calculations
• Ability to set clear priorities, delegate and guide the team members in multiple sites
• Having valid UAE driving licence or possess one that can be converted
• Systematic, well organised and can work independently with minimum supervision
• Strong record keeping and reporting skills
• Computer skills MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD essential
• Effective team collaboration and planning
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Assistant Manager - Engineering
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|