Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose, we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Project Engineer - Transportation , to join our award-winning team based in Abu Dhabi.
This critical role will be responsible for providing key technical expertise and input at different stages of multiple projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery within specific discipline.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include
- Development and interrogation of strategic and micro-simulation transport models including VISUM and VISSIM.
- Using SYNCHRO, Sidra and HCS to assess intersection operation and develop improvement measures.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations to Clients and Approving Authorities
- Master Planning for Mixed-Use Developments, supporting the development of master plans for new cities and towns.
- Preparation of Access and Circulation Studies, Transportation Impact Studies and Transportation Master Plans
- Mentoring junior staff members
- Responding to requests for proposals - technical approach and financials.
- Developing strong communication and working relationships with colleagues, management, subcontractors, public agencies and clients which support collaborative work practices.
- Managing own continuous development and support the development of colleagues.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 10 years career experience from within a consultancy environment, partnered with a Bachelor degree in Transportation or Civil Engineering discipline with at least 6 year's experience working on UAE projects.
- Demonstrated experience in developing VISSIM and/or VISUM models in the UAE as well as across the Gulf Region.
- Experience with DoT / ITC and DPM in Abu Dhabi, Dubai RTA and other regional municipalities.
- You will have worked as part of a multidisciplinary team providing transportation advice and solutions on large scale developments.
- You will be a member of a transportation professional institution and working towards professional accreditation of either IEng, CEng or P.E.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to innovatively solve a wide range of transportation problems.
- Experience in modelling with Cube, SYNCHRO, Sidra and HCS.
- Ability to use Microsoft office including PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent Spoken and Written English.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.