Job description / Role
• Manager all aspects of the project from design, construction, delivery and eventual handover. in accordance with the development brief in order to manage the expectation of Leadership team as well as Client.
• Deliver all projects on time, on budget and to high quality finish.
• Manage the entire design process from concept, through detailed design, shop drawings, specifications etc.
• Supervise the creation of tender documentation and carry this through to tender negotiations and contract awards.
• Coordinate with the consultant’s team to ensure that authority approvals are progressing as per the project delivery plan.
• Critically assess delivery contracts and ensure comments are given to client in a timely manner while ensuring protect the project program and financial position from any risks at all times.
• Review project programmes ensuring all aspects of the project deliverables are sufficiently allowed for.
• Manage & control the projects through a regular review of performance & achievement of agreed targets for cost, time and quality. Ensure that the client meet their terms of appointment and provide adequate support to achieve these agreed targets.
• Oversee the day to day project management providing adequate support in design, tendering, contractor appointment and ongoing management, monitoring of all programming, cost reports and submissions as well as project execution.
• Work with the team in Dubai to create feasibility studies for new projects
• Review construction documentation such as method statements, logistics plans, health and safety plans, document registers
• Ensure that the design briefs (operational, technical, structural, quality specifications) are achieved as per company standards and that the projects are completed on time and as per budget.
• Identify & manage key construction risks and oversee the resolution of disputes with contractors.
• Apply zero tolerance on Health and Safety with designers, contractors and sub-contractors
• Update the leadership team based in Dubai on a weekly and monthly basis
• Provide regular feedback on project status including Design, costs, quality control and progress to Leadership team
• Manage a team of professionals ranging from site engineers to senior management
• Create and maintain a project risk register for all Sub projects, with a mitigation plan for all risks
• Work with specialist consultants and contractors on the specialist packages such as refrigeration, rides and attractions, insulation and snow making.
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
• Fluent in Mandarin and English Languages
• Professional Project Management accreditation (PMP), and Project software such as Acconex and Conject
• Experience in dealing with local authorities and government entities with regards to approvals
• Design management and use of CAD and REVIT
• Construction programming through Microsoft Project and Primavera
• Leadership Skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• A good understanding of specialist MEP systems
• A good understanding of Rides and attractions would be an advantage
• Must have experience playing a leading role on projects in excess of $100 Million
• Minimum 10 years’ successful experience in project management.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the construction, refurbishment or maintenance of an Indoor snow center or industrial refrigeration facility
• Preference will be given to candidates who have worked as a leading role on major leisure related attractions in the China Region
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree in either Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction/ Project Management or equivalent from a reputable and recognized University.
About the Company
Budge is a leading professional Recruitment and HR Consultancy covering the Construction, Real Estate and Asset Management Sectors in the UAE and across the GCC. Established in 2003 with offices in both the UK and Dubai, we apply nearly 15 years of local knowledge working with experienced consultants and an unparalleled network of clients and applicants from around the world, bringing you a refreshing approach to recruitment.
Our specialist consultants act for every class of organisation including investment funds, developers, consultants, contractors and specialist sub-contractors. We are the preferred supplier for a number of world renowned organisations both in the UK and Middle East.
Budge is a privately owned company that prides itself in offering a complete and professional solution to like-minded organisations across the globe.