Job description / Role
- The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize multiple projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The jobholder will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control thought its life cycle.
- Interact with business users to ascertain their needs and undertake the implementation of selected package solutions or development of systems based solutions in order to meet business requirement.
- Plan, prioritise and allocate work programmes for junior staff and monitor their performance to ensure the quality and timely execution of tasks as agreed with the Unit Head to support users.
- Execute the agreed projects within the timeframe and budget while ensuring the compliance to security and risk standards.
- Prepare, modify and maintain job schedules to ensure the continuity of work flow processes. Maintain library to ensure the safe custody of back-up tapes, books and software licence etc.
- Undertake program development-oriented project tasks and ensure completion within the timeframe to support the achievement of Department's and Business objectives.
- Prepare feasibility reports highlighting the proposed system's viability in terms of cost effectiveness to support the decision to go ahead or to provide alternative suggestions.
- Review and evaluate the applications prepared by junior staff to ensure the capabilities of the applications to meet specifications
- Interact with suppliers and technology related organizations to keep updated about the latest developments and to negotiate for suitable services if need arises.
- Update the System Development Unit on the technical progress of the project and make any recommendations required to redesign or enhance the features cost-effectively.
- Adopt Software Development standards in line with Departments' policies and procedures and to meet user requirements in order to deliver quality solutions.
- Provide professional guidance and deliver / organize training where appropriate and conduct / oversee performance review of junior staff to assist in the development of their potential and to enhance knowledge based skills
- Graduate in computer science or Diploma in computer science
- Professional qualifications in project management (preferably PMP)
- Professional qualifications in software quality assurance
- 8 years experience of which 4-5 years in a fairly senior position in Application Development.
- Extensive Project management experience
- Experience of completed and delivered minimum 5 large scale projects
- Good understanding of best practices and standards
- Good understanding of system requirements for banking operational processes.
- Good command of English. Knowing Arabic will be an added advantage
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing skills
-Team Leadership skills
- Inter-personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Ignite Search & Selection
Associate Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA