Job description / Role
• Prepare detailed costs estimates for designated projects utilizing software.
• Review and understand project plans and specifications.
• Solicit and analyze subcontractor & supplier quotes.
• Perform quantity takeoffs for preparing estimates.
• Determine production rates, haul routes, phasing, etc. for estimating purposes.
• Consistently deliver accurate & timely estimates.
• Must be able to effectively communicate information used during the bidding process to the field.
• Works as project lead – client’s main point of contact for projects.
• Analyze and understand drawings and specifications, identifying and resolving constructability issues before they become issues on site
• Responsible for producing and maintaining detailed project plans, critical path analysis
• Initiate and set goals for project according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
• End-to-end oversight and project management from land development through completion of construction and registration –on time and on budget
• Ensure all aspects of projects are advancing in congruence with company goals – includes visioning, detailed project plan, proforma development, design, site plan approval, etc.
• Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and communicate any project issues to senior management
• Develops a timeline for the completion of certain milestones for a given project
• Creates a budget for the completion of a particular job, and monitors the amount of money spent in order to ensure the project does not exceed this amount
• Recommends changes to a project that is ongoing if it appears it is not proceeding on schedule or is producing unsatisfactory results
• Oversee the claims operation function, including contracting and configuration
• Evaluate, select and liaise with all outsourced constructors, architects, engineers and designers
• Liaise with various teams across the organization as it relates to projects
• Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities, approval agencies and authorities to secure project approvals
• Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
• 12+ years of experience Construction/Development Project Management
• Experience in managing hi-rise/complex projects, including conceptual and detailed design development
• Proven track record in managing multiple projects in various phases on time and on budget
• Strong management capabilities with experience in managing people
• Experience working with Microsoft Office and Project Management
• Ability to effectively read Floor Plans and Working Drawings (knowledge of Agreement of Purchase and Sale [APS] preferred)
• Expert written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelors in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or relevant.
• PMP Certified
• LEED professional
• MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Critical Thinking, Visualization & Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent computer and software skills.
• Time Management – organized, set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and a Team player.
• Reasoned decision making & reporting skills.
About the Company
Pleasant Tours is your friend when it comes to travelling.
The one with great taste and inside connections, who you call when you need advice on where to go, where to stay, and what to do when you get there. We travel. There’s nothing we’d rather do with our spare time, and we’re guessing you feel the same. But it’s a wide, wide world, and working out where to go and where to stay can really eat into that precious time. That’s why we founded Pleasant Tours. We’re here to give you insider access, expert knowledge, and exclusive deals on the world’s greatest hotels and travel experiences. We are discerning curators, which means we only recommend places we love and would visit again. Everything else we leave out.
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Project Manager - Civil Construction
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||24 Feb|
Construction Project Manager