Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager for our Electronic Security Systems Division. Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of projects or a portfolio of low to medium complexity projects which include supervision of a project team. The Senior Project Manager will provide effective engineering and implementation of end to end execution for security integration and civil scope of works, including design, build, HS&E, Quality Assurance for timely delivery and handover to the client as per their expectation and RFP. The project manager will be experienced in technical design, installation & commissioning, resource and sub-contractor management to achieve timely delivery of all projects within stipulated timeframe, budget and quality requirements.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Ensure successful delivery of assigned projects within timescale and budget ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
• Responsible for the design development and hands-on installation of an assigned project in line with the technical design requirements
• Ensure projects are managed in accordance with the G4S Project Management Methodology.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; invoicing projections; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions of the project.
• Responsible for the on-site execution of an integrated security solution, including ACS, CCTV, Intercom, ANPR, HVMs etc. linked over a fiber network infrastructure. Including planning, scheduling, tracking, analysis and reporting to the Operations Director operations with limited supervision.
• Supervise, monitor and appraise the sub-contractor's construction & installation performance ensuring that works are completed on time and any necessary corrective actions are taken in such areas as safety, quality, planning and scheduling
• Development and participation in the site QA plan ensuring that the highest standards are consistently maintained by the sub-contractor.
• Monitoring change control ensuring change requests are submitted to the Operations director and followed through in the correct manner.
• Identification of Risks and Issues at an early stage, including them in the risk and issue log highlighting any potential impact to the Operations director.
• Development of a detailed schedule of works, where necessary highlighting critical resource requirements to the Operations director.
• Analysis of complex issues coordinating the resolution of any problems that arise, with limited supervision.
• Ensuring the correct permits (i.e. PTW) are in place prior to any work commencing.
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, ensuring that the correct procedures are in place and being carried out at all times.
• Develop, execute and maintain technical submissions including HSE and Method Statements.
• Provide project related highlight and ad-hoc reports to the line management function on request. Communicate effectively and efficiently with the Operations Director to anticipate/advise needs.
• Ensure there is suitable hand-over and cover for your workload for times of planned absences.
• Diploma / Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Electrical or its equivalent
• Holder of recognized project management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2
• Minimum of 10 years Project Lead experience in execution of low voltage security systems.
• Project execution/commissioning background with an understanding of various LV security systems –15+ years experience
• Proficient in MS Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
• With valid UAE driving license
• Ability to work independently
• Open to work on shifts and unsocial hours
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
• High levels of self-motivation and ability to communicate well with persons at all levels
• Success in working to tight timelines and interfacing with suppliers.
• Able to coordinate the actions of subcontractors towards attainment of specifications.
• Dedicated and hard working with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage constantly evolving workload priorities with sound decision making
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.