Job description / Role
As Senior Project Manager, you will manage supplier and fit-out contractors and appointments, review proposed layouts and requirements with the host brand, designers and brand managers, and maintains the store opening schedule
By overseeing the project team you will ensure that all store development projects are performed within budget, timeframe, and quality standards
Qualifications & Requirements:
Skills and knowledge in the following areas: Project management, Supply chain, Logistics, Freight forwarding, and Customs clearance. Retail industry experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Must have significant experience of managing complex Logistics / Supply chain projects from inception through to completion, including planning, risk, cost, and benefit management
- Background in a senior role within an international shipping, logistics or retail supply chain business (operational management is beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in establishing best practices that support continuous improvement
-Evidence of strong relationship-building skills that enables robust and effective stakeholder management
- Experience of managing and developing project teams that can operate in matrix environment
- Education Level: Business Degree required but not essential
- Preferred Qualifications: Prince2 or equivalent
- Project management (5+ years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Projects, Blueworks/Vision
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.