Job description / Role
Kurita provides technologies for water and process treatment, as well as for the paper and cellulose industry. Kurita Europe is a subsidiary of Kurita Water Industries Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Founded in 1949, the Group has more than 6,600 employees worldwide, generating a turnover of 2.3 billion USD. More than 2,400 patents are proof of Kurita’s innovative approach to a resource-saving consumption of water. We are committed to highest ethical and social demands with a strong sense for fairness, transparency, integrity, safety and compatibility.
In order to reach all business opportunities of a high potential market in GCC region, “Kurita AquaChemie JV” is looking for an:
Senior Purchase Buyer
As a Sr. Purchasing Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing Chemicals, equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more quality & competitive suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To identify potential chemical manufacturers / suppliers.
• Compare and evaluate offers from various manufacturers / suppliers
• Coordinate with internal Quality Department to qualify all the new / alternative suppliers
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery
• Review quality of purchased products in coordination with internal quality department
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal SAP database
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Monitor stock levels and place orders based on the SAP Safety Stock Levels
• Forecast price and market trends to identify the price fluctuations and provide advance heads-up
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Chemical Engineer / BSc Chemistry or Equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of purchase experiences in Chemical Industry
• Proven working experience as Purchasing Buyer or Officer in Chemical Industry
• Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
• Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
• Excellent negotiation and networking skills
• Working experience in SAP Database
• Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
• Solid judgement along with decision making skills
• Strong leadership capabilities
About the Company
Kurita is one of the international market leaders in industrial water and process treatment.
More than 6,600 employees strive daily to improve the efficiency of our customers’ industrial plants and projects - through research, development, chemical production, implementation and service. Worldwide - and always with a consistent focus on the environment. Here you can learn more about Kurita.
Procurement/Purchasing Officer - Food Manufacturing
Sr. Purchase Executive
A Leading Trading Company In The UAE
Supply Chain Executive
Petrochem Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services