Job description / Role
- Liaise with the Engineering Design team and Construction team to provide quantity and cost estimation assistance.
- Prepare detailed Quantity take off from drawings and related documents
- Verify, review and report for any discrepancies and additional items missing from bill of quantities
- Review and incorporate tender clarifications and addendums issued by the consultant
- Ensure that quantities measurements are in accordance with tender preamble and relevant standard of measurements.
- Prepare internal bills of quantities for tender purposes
- Fill the final bills of quantities in accordance with the pricing summary issued by the Technical Manager
- Prepare and review tender documents and prepare tender assessment reports
- Advise and propose suitable procurement methods where necessary and prepare contract documents.
- Assist in breakdown of project BOQ in manageable cost elements
- Perform site quantity take off and site checking tasks
- Providing advice and respond to contractual claims, change orders and variations
- Participate in budgeting process by providing technical input and resource estimates
- Evaluate claims submitted by contractors/sub-contractors
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring and submission of job costing reports for projects.
- Audit work performed by contractors/sub contractors on project site.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Advise on commercial schedules and terms for inclusion in tenders
- Review commercial sections of Tender documentation received from consultants
- Review consultants pre-tender estimate
- Undertake commercial evaluations of tenders received
- Prepare commercial clarifications in respect of tenders
- Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks
- Establish and Operate cost and financial control systems;
- Prepare monthly cost reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Review and recommend in respect of Final Accounts
- Prepare variation orders in line with the contract, and manage the subcontractors contracts including payment, according to terms.
- Complete the quantities take off process according to company standards.
- Prepare the variation orders to subcontractors and assist in preparing variation order proposals to client
- Execute the site measurements process and prepare the quantities calculation sheets required for payment requisition backup documents in the scheduled time frame
- Prepare the subcontractors and suppliers payment certificates
- Maintain proper logs for subcontracts, to include purchase orders, subcontractors and suppliers payment certificates, prepared, submitted and approved calculation sheets, subcontractors variations
- Identify the necessary work schedules to be completed by the subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience in a construction company in GCC
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD and Primavera
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Advanced reporting, document controlling and feedback skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.
|Al Watbha Area||7 Mar|
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||15 Feb|
TGC Consulting Middle East
Senior Quantity Surveyor