Job description / Role
The Project Management Office (PMO) controls all financial and contractual aspects of the Projects.
As part of the PMO team, the Senior Quantity Surveyor is in charge of the financial aspects of the Project including finalization, cost advice and Value Engineering of Project during the Design, Tender and Construction stage of the Project. He/She will also assist the Bid Manager during the preparation of the Bids offers. The work is office based (which may be on a construction site) but also includes site visits: which can take up a whole day.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor's responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare and maintain construction cost estimate Benchmark, specifically liaised to Airport Industry, regional and international, all disciplines.
During design stages : Coordinate with the Project Contract Administrator and/or the Project Manager for :
- Prepare Cost Plan Methodology and Report
- Prepare and update Cost Estimate at each design stage, including cost reconciliation report
- Prepare and assist for Value Engineering Analysis and Report
- Prepare Life Cycle Cost Analysis and Report
- Prepare and assist for Risks Management Assessment and Report
- Prepare all needed documentation and support for presentations
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, with the design team and the Project Manager and/or the Client
- Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Advise on Procurement Strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Assist to prepare Requests for Design Variation (RDV), including for construction cost impact assessment
- Assist during tender process, cost control and evaluation, and answers to RFIs
- Assist during preparation of contracts and finalization as required
- Advise on the maintenance costs of specific buildings, where applicable
- Where applicable, review and assess sub-consultants studies and deliverables.
During construction stages : Coordinate with Contract Administrator in relation to all Contractual matters including for
- Agreement and finalization of the Contract sum
- Check and recommendation for the Contractor's Interim Payment Applications
- Assessment and evaluation of Variations
- Assessment and evaluation of Contractor's Claim and agreement with the Contractor
- Preparation of Final accounts and Closing of the Project
- Defining the amount as due to Sub-Contractor's
- Preparing commercial enquiries and Tenders
- Coordinate in appointment of Contractor's for Provisional Sum Works
- Coordinate with Projects Procurement team to align on vendors
- Prepare Quantity take off
- Preparation of contracts and its finalization as required
- Budgeting, cash flow including regular updates
- Monthly and Interim Payment Certificate
- Ability to interface across the team
- Reporting on all Commercial aspects at regular intervals
- Monitoring monthly cost reports including budgets, certified to date, paid to date, variations approved, variations in process, variations anticipated, etc.
- Payment tracking and history inventory management and control
- Commercial documentation management and control
- Claim and change management administration and control
- Works closely with commercial teams of employed Consultants, Contractors & Sub Contractors and suppliers and integrates their work after his/her validation into overall commercial success.
Commercial Development : Coordinate with Business Development, Tendering Team and Project Management Office (PMO)
- Preparation of Commercial Bids for new work
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Exploring new avenues of activity and seeking opportunities that the company can exploit in its bid to develop and grow
- Risk Assessment
- Financial reporting and management of Projects
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Extensive understanding of the industry and the talent for negotiation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveyor / Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Software and similar)
- 10 - 12 years of experience working with relevant Airport systems at an international level in a consultancy firm
- Minimum 5 Years experience in UAE is a must
- Must have 5 years/+ of managerial experience - technical/projects management. Airport wide Project experience in all disciplines (Infrastructure, Buildings, Special airport systems and similar) is a must to have.
- Must have working know-how with : requirements for simulation of systems + forms of contract and requirements (e.g. FIDIC + requirements of design projects and construction projects + CAD+ BIM)
- Document and Specification Authoring
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications : DOC,XLS,PPT,MPP,VSD
- Key Competencies : Business & Commercial Awareness, Leadership, People Development, Communication, Flexibility & Innovation, Problem Solving & Decision Making
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Quantity Surveyor for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Immediate - Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Major Exhibition Programme
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Mar|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Established Build Contractor