Job description / Role
- The Quantity Surveyors will report to either a Commercial Manager or Associate Director
- Will be responsible for organising measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
- Draft estimates / cost plans for review and finalisation with senior management.
- Preparation of BOQ including drafting Preambles / General Requirements.
- Undertake market review / research for compiling and updating unit rates for estimating.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site quantity verifications and confirmation with regards to payments and variation works.
- Responsible for checking and verifications of all invoices of the said sub packages on site.
- Maintain a register of payments.
- Check the materials on and off site and verified delivery and acceptance from the client's representative for payment approval.
- Prepare and maintain records of all sub-contractors agreement and payments.
- On site verification of Final Accounts submitted by the Contractors and selected Sub Contractors and Suppliers, adjusting as necessary and providing recommendations to the Client.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for Subcontract works.
- Update Cost report.
- Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions.
- Prepare estimates of variation works.
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
- Minimum 15 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in UAE
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in an Infrastructure projects
- Computer literate (Cost X, MS Excel & Word etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
- Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
- Collation of Contract Documentation
- Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
- UAE Industry Experience
- Infrastructure Roads Highway/ Civil, Residential
- Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.