Job description / Role
A leading European fit-out contractor is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to join their Dubai office.
The role will have the following requirements:
• Must be DM approved Technical Engineer – non-negotiable
• Must have at least 5-7 yrs QS experience in UAE Fit-out projects – non-negotiable.
• Experience in KSA is a bonus.
• In-depth understanding of Fit-out scope of works, materials and pricing.
• Must know how to analyze drawings, BOQ and all Tender documents
• Strong contractual understanding and negotiation abilities, primarily FIDIC based
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities
• Strong experience in design & build projects
• Value engineering where design is running over budget
• Preparation of Interim Payments and invoices
• Experiences is minor Civil works , such as mezzanine floors , steels stairs etc
• Strong communication skills & interpersonal skills
• Must have good negotiating skills
• Proficient in MS office, estimation software/tools and drawing tools, such as AutoCad
• Must know the current UAE current market prices
• Must have extensive knowledge of subcontractors/suppliers
• Procurement skills
• Manage/Control the Project costs and cash flow
• Prepare project and company commercial reports reports
• UAE drive License (ideally own car)
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The successful candidate will be based in the Dubai office and will report to the company directors. The remuneration package will include:
• 15-20k salary package, dependent on experience
• Company medical insurance
• Holidays as per UAE law
• 1 flight per year to home country
• I.T. equipment, as required
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies