Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to responsible for all matters related to contractual control, measurement and payment for an Infrastructure project in Riyadh, KSA.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Undertake and participate in regular project reviews of all ongoing projects in KSA helping to identify opportunities and risks to WSP's financial performance
* Prepare strategies to manage those risks and opportunities and execute on those strategies including appropriate correspondence, record keeping, and participate in all commercial meetings and follow up
* Assist the Project Manager in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the projects and in negotiating any final settlements on contract terms with our clients and sub-consultants and assessing and valuating of claims
* Analyze the financial accounts and monthly reporting to assess working capital risks and revenue recognition providing good judgement and advice as required
* Work with the working capital team to ensure disputed invoices are settled and payments are made at the earliest time
* Actively involves in preparing cost estimates and assessing in the preparation of the monthly invoices
* Perform regular reviews of contractors and consultant's monthly payment applications, statement at completion, and prepare necessary payment certificates
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background
* Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) preferred
* 10+ years of post-qualification experience working for international consultants on PMC projects in various types of Contracts with proven experience in claims and dispute resolution for major construction and engineering projects
* Preferred?to have knowledge in the Saudi?procurement?law
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.