Job description / Role
We are currently looking for experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure to join our team currently working on multiple projects across varying sectors in our Abu Dhabi office. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team on high profile projects across the UAE.
• The Quantity Surveyors will report to either a Commercial Manager or Associate Director
• Will be responsible for organising measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
• Draft estimates / cost plans for review and finalisation with senior management.
• Preparation of BOQ including drafting Preambles / General Requirements.
• Undertake market review / research for compiling and updating unit rates for estimating.
• Responsible for on-site and off-site quantity verifications and confirmation with regards to payments and variation works.
• Responsible for checking and verifications of all invoices of the said sub packages on site.
• Maintain a register of payments.
• Check the materials on and off site and verified delivery and acceptance from the client’s representative for payment approval.
• Prepare and maintain records of all sub-contractors agreement and payments.
• On site verification of Final Accounts submitted by the Contractors and selected Sub Contractors and Suppliers, adjusting as necessary and providing recommendations to the Client.
• Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for Subcontract works.
• Update Cost report.
• Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions.
• Prepare estimates of variation works.
• Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
• Minimum 15 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in UAE
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in an Infrastructure projects, and any experience with Abu Dhabi Municipality shall be an advantage
• Computer literate (Cost X, MS Excel & Word etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of the following:
• Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
• Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
• Collation of Contract Documentation
• Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
• UAE Industry Experience
• Infrastructure Roads Highway/ Civil, Residential
• Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating
• Chartered or working towards MRICS
• Hotel and leisure project QS experience
• Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc.)
• Task orientated
• Team player but able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Able to meet set deliverables
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).