Job description / Role
Our Quantity surveying Team at RLB proactively manage the cost of a building project, from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes even the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on financial and legal matters that arise during the project.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team within the Dubai office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects, for a number of clients across a variety of sectors.
• The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
• To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
• To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
• Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
• Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
• Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
• Preparation of elemental cost plans
• Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
• Promote commercial awareness throughout project
• Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
• Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
• Developing Commercial Strategies
• Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
• Strong technical delivery experience
• MRICS is essential
• Middle East experience is essential
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects and teams in a proactive and diligent manner
• Strong feasibility and cost planning experience
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
• Able to build long-term relationships
• Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
• Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
About the Company
RLB's 30-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 3,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.