Job description / Role
• Take care of the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
• Participate, record and usually prepare the minutes of the progress meetings.
• Provide support on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
• Finalize the Contractor’s monthly payment certificates with the assistance of the QS’s.
• Make sure that all cost and quantity records are streamlined and kept in order by the QS’s.
• Advise the SRE and RE’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
• Evaluate the unit rates for new work items with assistance by the QS’s.
• Establish the way of recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process;
• Lead in the preparation of variation orders.
• Lead in the evaluation of claims.
• Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
• Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
• Advise on contractor’s resource allocation.
• Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
• Audit payments to Contractors.
• Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of valuations.
• Check and record measurements of completed work.
• Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
• Maintain expenditure records.
• Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
• Prepare Final Account with all supporting documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
• Chartered status is a preference.
• 15+ years post graduate demonstrable experience in all aspects of quantity surveying.
• 5+ years of related work experience in road & infrastructure projects in the Middle East preferably in UAE.
• Ability to perform difficult estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Familiarity with company and project procedures and practices.
• Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, engineering drawings and specifications, and be qualified to be a QS team leader.
• Working knowledge of software typically associated with quantity surveying.
• Must be available in UAE.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Quantity Surveyor
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Lindner Middle East
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor