Job description / Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Urban Planning and Public Realm
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
This position sits in our UPPR and landscaping team, working on projects as part of the wider programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring cost control procedures throughout the duration of the project including the construction phase, final account and defects maintenance phase.
• Implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all project cost control.
• Understanding the clients’ brief, delivery strategy and working with the design management, procurement and execution teams for the UPPR/landscape projects.
• Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project involving existing protocols and systems.
• Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
• Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including, pre- qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
• Ensuring that post contract cost variances, change control, cost checking and valuation processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring the production of monthly post contract and cost reports and presenting them to the client.
• Monitoring, managing and checking bill of quantity (BoQ), pre-tender estimation, tender documentation, cost estimation, cost plan and contract package.
• Value engineering and life cycle costing.
• Preparing detailed specifications and obtain the estimates of additional cost from the estimates department in case of a variation i.e. a change in approved drawing or any addition to the job in order to obtain approval of the client.
• Final account negotiation and agreement.
• Assessing, evaluation and making recommendations related to any financial claim and providing the necessary input with regards to settling such claims.
• Taking a lead role in interfacing with clients, external and internal consultants at all project stages.
• Adhering to all health and safety procedures and ensure teams are aware of expectations.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience is essential for client approval.
• Experience in urban planning, public realm or landscaping is an advantage.
• Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Strong commercial leadership and project experience.
• Procurement experience on large value contracts.
• Experience of claims preparation and dispute avoidance/resolution.
• Good knowledge of local commercial law and legal requirements.
• Detailed knowledge and appreciation of health and safety is essential.
• Well-developed communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships in able to negotiate and manage conflict.
• Good negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong knowledge in IT.
• Good leadership skills and supervisory ability.
• A degree qualification in building, quantity surveying or civil engineering is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships i.e. MRICS is an advantage.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.