Senior Relationship Manager - Financial Institutions
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile
As an experienced Senior Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for Manage a portfolio of FI - Bank customers and Manage Country and Credit Risk analysis for Banks/FIs
• Manage a portfolio of FI - Banks customers
• Review and submit credit applications. Manage renewals on time. Ensure that the quality of country/FI analysis is up to standards of CBD's risk management.
• Develop the relationship with targeted customers, including customer visits.
• Identify customer needs. Propose CBD products and services in coordination with the product partners.
• Follow up customer transactions. Liaise with concerned back offices when and if needed.
• Keep abreast of the market changes (industry / customers). Share this information with concerned departments
• Participate in the department budget discussions. Follow up budget and realization.
• Ensure to comply with the Bank and Department Policies and Procedure, the audit requirements, the internal and external reporting obligations to ensure high standards of uniformity and consistency across the Bank
• Ensure that customer compliance and legal documentation is updated and in good order.
• Provide assistance to, train & develop department staff - including ARM - to build their capabilities to carry out their work effectively. Address all employee work and personnel related issues to motivate top performance and enhance growth opportunities.
Education and Experience
• Graduate in Economics and Finance or Business Management
• Minimum 10 Years banking experience with at least 4 years at senior level in developing and managing international relationships / FI
• Good knowledge of banking operations and credit management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.